- Water- (1) gallon of water per person per day for at least 3 days for drinking and sanitation. You can fill your bathtub up when the power outage strikes for additional water
- Food- a three day supply of non perishable food- remember you might not be able to cook! Also add an manual can opener for food
- Battery powered or hand crank radio and a NOAA weather radio
- First Aid kit
- Flashlight and extra batteries
- Personal hygiene supplies- including moist towelettes
There are many more items that you can include in your Emergency Kit. The Red Cross has an extensive check list. Visit their website for more information.